NYE Mani: Shine of the Times

January 06, 2012

So, I had a nice manicure done for NYE, but since I came down with a flu bug that night.. I wasn't planning on posting this up. But.. the new Essie Luxeffects topcoat that I picked up is too amazing not to share.

For my base colour, I dug out Dim Sum Plum from the OPI Hong Kong Collection from Spring 2010.







This particular shade is a magenta creme polish, leaning towards a berry purple. The formula is very easy to work with, and can easily be considered a one-coater when applying a thicker layer.

Now, onto my new favourite Essie polish. When I saw the press photos of the new Luxeffects collection, only one polish in particular was calling my name. Namely, the one full of flakies. I love anything with a glass fleck or flake in it, and this one did not dissapoint.



Shine of the Times is densely packed multichromatic flaky topcoat - the flakes predominantly shine orange and red, with flashes of green and blue at different angles in the light. As it is so densely packed, I needed only one coat to fully cover the nail to give that amazing sparkly shift in colour.



The beauty comes out in natural sunlight:





So in love. Can't wait to see what it looks like on top of other colours!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. OMG that pink is SOO pretty! and the glitter adds just an extra dimension to both those colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flakies so much! They always add the right touch to basic manis.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of the 2 looks gorgeous! I need to find that Essie nail polish. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colour!! I think I need to get myself a bottle of the Essie Luxeffects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a die-hard fan of OPI, love the Dim Sum plum!
    My manicurist carries all kinds of essie effects but I never tried them, now I'm curious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh I love the hot pink! it reminds me of barbie <3 so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore the nail color. I think I have the same shade on. :) I speckled gold sparkly tips for added fun.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh pretty! where did you get the essie polish? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! I looove the topcoat.

    @anon - I purchased it online via eBay. Nowhere carries the Luxeffects line where I live! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. The magenta one is absolutely fab! But there are other colors?
    XOXO

    http://magazinesforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear anything you have to say.

Instagram

Find Me on Facebook